Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Asian Cole Slaw


Asian Cole Slaw

My coworker brought this slaw to a potluck (several times) and it was always a hit.  (Karla is quite the cook among her many talents.)  Don't like slaw?  I didn't either...until I had this!I made it tonight as a side and Hunter enjoyed it as well.  

The recipe I have from Karla is double what I've typed below.  The original recipe probably feeds 10!  I don't mind it leftover but I should probably note it can get soggy if it sits too long because of the ramen noodles.  You certainly can assemble ahead of time (like Karla would do).  Just prepare and save the last step (pouring the dressing) until you are ready to serve!

Ingredients:
5 oz plain cole slaw (bags from Dole come in 10 oz)
1 pkg ramen noodles (asian or chicken)
1/2 c. sunflower seeds
1/2 c. sliced almonds

1/4 c. sugar
1/6 c. apple cider vinegar
1/6 c. olive oil

-Break up the ramen noodles into the slaw.  Keep the seasoning packet aside for the dressing.  

-Add the sunflower seeds and almonds to the slaw mix.  

-In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and ramen noodle seasoning.

-When you are ready to serve, add the dressing to the slaw mix and toss!

No comments:

Post a Comment