Monday, August 25, 2014

Our Favorite Waffle Recipe

Our favorite impulse wedding giftcard purchase was a Calphalon waffle iron.   Our fav time to use it is a lazy Saturday morning.  I make the waffles while Hunter cooks the bacon.  We've made several recipes but to this date, this is our favorite.

*Our favorite requires a little more work (of course) but a good backup recipe with pantry ingredients can be found here.

The name of the recipe:

Waffles of Insane Greatness
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/waffle-of-insane-greatness-recipe.html
333 reviews and 5 stars...I knew it must be good!

Ingredients:

3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c buttermilk
1/3 cup vegetable oil  (I will try less!)
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions:

I use my mixer...


Mix the dry ingredients - flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix. 

Add the egg, milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and mix again. 

*Important: Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.  (Some say beat the egg white first but I couldn't tell a difference for the effort.)

Preheat the waffle iron. Do not use non-stick spray on the waffle iron; the oil in the batter will allow the waffle to release easily. (This is part of why I love this recipe!) 


Notice the steam - I keep the setting one notch past the medium setting.
The recipe makes the two large waffles above.  It is perfect for the two of us but you can easily double it!

No comments:

Post a Comment