Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Averie's Chocolate Chip Cookies



I want to be this girl, Averie.  I have a love/hate relationship with her because I LOVE her recipes but I hate that I lose all self control! :)  It is a miracle I have not blogged about this recipe.  It is my favorite BY FAR.  I've made about 10 batches since I moved here.  They are highly approved from all visitors and Hunter's office.  I even shipped them to the home office.

A couple things stand out in this recipe:
1.  Pudding Mix
2. Refrigeration of dough required
3.  They are MASSIVE
Ingredients:
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened (1.5 sticks)
3/4 c. light brown sugar, packed
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract (or 1/2 tsp of vanilla paste)
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 3.5-ounce packet instant vanilla pudding mix (not sugar-free and not 'cook & serve')
1 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
1 bag (10 oz) Trader Joe's chocolate chunks
I've tried different chocolate chips but these by far are the best.  I stock up on these.
I've been meaning to post a picture of the butter here.  I first saw the small bars when I moved out here.  They are squatty but the same measurements of the long sticks back home.
This discovery is from the farmer's market (I am obsessed).  You can see the vanilla bean specs in the cookies because of it.
Steps:
In your mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the wet ingredients (first paragraph) for 4 minutes on med-high speed. 
Scrape the sides.
Add dry ingredients on low until just combined (about 1 min).
Add the chocolate until just combined (30 seconds). 


This is how large the cookies should be.  I use my 1/4 measuring cup. 

They make 14 cookies (ok, i ate one).  Do not be confused.  Be accurate.
When you place them on the tray, flatten them a bit.  They do not spread when baking.  

You will them cover with plastic wrap and put in the frig for at least 4 hours.

They bake at 350 for 11 minutes.  Let them cool on the pan.

I believe they are best the next day...if you can wait that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment